Start doing research and keep enjoying it
Koen Schoors, Leading Research Fellow at CInSt, shared his advice about starting, managing and getting a research paper done last week. The meeting was the part of a training course for early career researchers at CInSt and beyond.
The main advice:
1. Enjoy what you are doing (it is better if someone likes your staff too)
2. Find a fascinating idea that inspires you and don’t let anyone to ruin it
3. Work hard but rest from time to time
4. Transcend your own field of research if you are stuck
5. Forget all advice and do research on your own.
We invite everyone to join our forthcoming lectures and seminars for early career researcher and all interested. Follow the CInSt webpage to get notifications.